lørdag den 15. november 2008

On-line check-in is Great - When it Works

SpanAir JK 032 Copenhagen - Barcelona 10 November 2008

Web-check still not working properly. Had to call my travel agent on Sunday to get the 8 digit Airline reservation code to be able to check in online. Wondering why Spanair still asks for the 5 digit confirmation code…

But at least now I know what works, so I am able to check in online and avoid the queue at the airport. Unfortunately, despite Spanair being owned by SAS, their systems don’t talk together, and the SAS self-check in machines didn’t recognize any bookings in my name (The Spanair website lets you print a boarding card in pdf format, but conveniently avoids to inform its passengers, that they aren’t accepted by security in CPH airport).

I asked an SAS person which was the allocated service counter this morning, and was told that I could just go to security with my SAS/ Star alliance frequent flyer card. I mentioned to her that if the check in machines didn’t recognize my card, security probably wouldn’t either. She failed to see the problem, and I gave up, and picked the baggage drop-off counter with the shortest queue to ask for a boarding pass.

He tried to make me check my trolley, but fortunately let me keep it.

Take off about 15 min delayed, no explanation from the pilot once in the air. We hit the ground in Barcelona at 11.40. and spend about 10 min in taxi. It was 12 o’clock before we all got out and into the 2 busses, then a 5 min drive to the terminal, so it was 12.10, before I could step into the taxi queue. Not what I was hoping for, as planned arrival is 11.20. It just got to be possible to do better than that.

Ingen kommentarer: