lørdag den 15. november 2008

When Monarch Air is delayed, it is really delayed

SAS Manchester - Copenhagen 22 October 2008

My flight was scheduled for 13.50, and I arrived at the airport around 12.45. No delay in sight, but couldn’t help but notice, that a Monarch flight scheduled for 8 AM take of that same morning was still on the screen, expected take-off 14.00(!) I knew that my colleague Mr. B was scheduled to fly home to Barcelona on that flight, and for a second considered calling him to keep him company for some of the wait, but quickly decided against it. I can only imagine how furious he must have been. I talked to him later in the evening, when he could confirm the story, and also tell me that there had been no information regarding the delay during his more than 6 hour wait, and stranded passengers had been offered no more than a sandwich voucher.

I belive, that according to EU regulations, Airlines are requeired to offer either reimbursement or a new flight after 6 hours of delay. Maybe I should look into that...

Ingen kommentarer: